- We are looking for an Associate Career Coach to work with undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in Business School and/or Finance Programs.
- The Universities we work with are located in Washington D.C., -> you will be required to be on campus, working face-to-face with students, at least 3 days of the week.
- You will be a contract coach with Careerly; this means flexible hours, you get to set your own schedule, and you will be paid monthly per number of hours of coaching.
- 5 years of INDUSTRY experience. What do we mean by industry experience? Actual real-world work experience in careers that are of interest to our students. This is what you will leverage and draw on to coach the students.
- In this case your work experience would include a minimum of 2-3 years in finance, banking, corporate finance, corporate banking, investment management or related role.
- If you are coming through HR and/or org dev channels - i.e. that is your experience- also valuable, and we are interested to talk to you! However, this is not the ideal fit we are seeking.
- If you have a coaching certificate or career dev. training - great! - but again, we won't hold you to it. We certainly don't require it.
- But you are the kind of person who loves helping/guiding others, and coaching/counseling others is a natural talent. You have probably been a career/leadership mentor in school and work.
- Masters degree, preferably in a business/finance related program. Or currently in grad school in a finance or MBA program.
- Very strong writing, editing, communication skills- especially reviewing and editing business documents (which can be parlayed to working on resumes and cover letters).
Careerly is a career coaching, strategy, and education company based in Washington D.C. We are one of the most dedicated (and fun!) career services companies around town, and have a lot of fans among the twenty-something/ thirty-something young professionals, mid-career career-switchers, and of course our large population of MBA students.
We are also international, and serve clients globally in Europe, Asia, and the United States. We inspire people to take meaningful actions – whether that’s updating a resume or volunteering on a project to gain experience. We’re best known for our combination of left-brain analysis and right-brain intuition. Check out our YouTube Channel with close to a half a million views on our career videos.
With over 520+ clients (including many grad school/ MBA students) we run a high volume service. We are looking to transform how career services is delivered at universities so that students have a much better (functional role and/or industry experience related) career strategy service. Specifically, you will:
- Offer accurate and knowledge-based finance industry-specific advice relevant to each individual’s situation to help them plan and implement effective and realistic career development plans,
- Review, write, craft finance focused resumes and cover letters to ensure documents are "employer-ready."
- Conduct mock interviews, both behavioral, case and technical, which are in line with industry practice.
- Develop credibility with and build strong relationships with students as they go through the entire job search process, from self-reflection to offer negotiation.
- Use your industry experience and "in-the-corridors" knowledge when you coach students to help them get a feel for different finance roles- what it's like to work in corporate finance versus investment banking.
- Conduct outreach to track student employment status and maintain detailed records of student appointments and employment activities.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Ms. Hira Fernando: email@example.com
DEADLINE: 15 August 2015