- Love branding and designing creative online communications that make fans out of readers.
- Spend a lot of time finding and sharing the right content online with followers on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Consider yourself an entrepreneur and a self-starter- someone that doesn’t need to be micromanaged.
Careerly is a career coaching, strategy, and education company based in Washington D.C. We are one of the most fun career services companies around town, and have a lot of fans, especially among the late-20s to early thirty-something young professionals in the city. Our #Monday Inspiration newsletter has close to 2000 subscribers.
We are also international, and serve clients globally in Europe, Asia, and the United States. We inspire people to take meaningful actions – whether that’s updating a resume or volunteering on a project to gain experience. We’re best known for our combination of left-brain analysis and right-brain intuition.
With over 470+ clients (including many grad school/ MBA students) we run a high volume service, we are looking to transform how career services – especially the educational component - is delivered. As a summer intern you will get to work on a variety of big real-world projects that will help us grow. We really need your help!
- Helping promote a vast amount of content and building our online communities by posting daily on our Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube channels.
- Video editing (iMovies or Final Cut Pro) for short career training videos as well as promotional videos for clients. Includes shooting editing, adding notes and titles, and intros and outros.
- YouTube Analytics and Channel Optimization: finding ways to grow the number of subscribers and fans, as well as identifying potential partnerships.
- Answering inquiries about our services and pricing, converting these prospects into clients, and setting up coaching appointments, registration for workshops/webinars etc.
- Background in Marketing, Communication, and Social Media, with strong tech skills- analytics, webinars, trouble-shooting, tech support for live online events
- Bachelor’s degree with some relevant experience or - if you are still in school- a combination of internships and coursework that is relevant.
- Video editing using iMovie or Final Cut Pro. Experience with YouTube channel optimization is a major plus!
- Proficient in In-Design, Photoshop, Powerpoint, Prezi etc. to help create marketing materials or teaching materials for our workshops and webinars.
- Inclination towards building relationships and/or experience with business development, especially developing partnerships in a startup context to leverage the Careerly brand.
- Organized, efficient, with an ability to prioritize, and get things done with little supervision. Willing to work on a flexible schedule. We don't expect you to come into an office every day but we expect you to be highly responsive at all times.
Beyond that... personality-wise? Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who loves the next big idea in tech, marketing, and social media, and is creative and thoughtful.
We value our young associates and interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. After all we are Careerly - we are in business precisely to help people have a good career experience!
This position is for 30 hours per week for 10 weeks (PAID) and begins June 1st and ends August 14th. There is a strong possibility for extension based on budget and performance.
Compensation: $1800 salary + another $1000 of individual career coaching + priceless networking opportunities with the best and brightest in recruiting circles from top companies and organizations around D.C.
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to Ms. Seema Mishra at email@example.com
Deadline: April 10th 2016